Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate that offers Wealth Management services, Stockbroking services, Registrar services, Trustee services and Investment Banking services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- To provide compliance and legal services of the highest professional standards and facilitate the transactions of Meristem by giving proactive, business oriented and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk in order to make transactions viable and safe.
- Protect the integrity and reputation of the company.
- Enforce implementation of Meristem’s duties as Administrator of CBN-NEMSF in line with its Administration Agreement and Mandate.
- Provision of prompt legal advice as required on the Company’s legal/corporate structure, business, operations, and transactions.
- Preparation, review, vetting and negotiation of the Company’s agreements with third parties and other contract documentation to ensure the protection of the company’s interest and due compliance and conformity with all aspects of applicable Laws.
- Company secretarial work and Governance overview for the company.
- Interpretation of CBN-NEMSF agreements and interface with Legal Advisers.
- Ensuring all NESI SS Ltd departments and stakeholders are delivering on assigned tasks.
- Flag any shortcoming noticed in the delivery of duties.
- Follow-up with discos to ensure they meet up with their reporting obligations.
- Legal documentation including Conditions Precedents and subsequent (CP and CS) of beneficiaries.
- Provide a report on the status of beneficiaries CS after the CS due dates.
- Monitor organization-wide compliance with internal operational procedures.
- Enforce compliance with the risk management framework for the CBN-NEMSF to ensure acceptable risk and adequate mitigants are in place.
- Maintain an up-to-date risk register and continuously review/ address the risks facing the SPV in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanisms/ frameworks.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Keep abreast of trends/ development taking place in the capital market and power sectors.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Any other task as may be assigned.
Timeline for Deliverables:
- Monthly compliance report on deliverables of each NESI SS Limited department.
- Monthly and quarterly reports on compliance of all beneficiaries to the monthly and quarterly reports that beneficiaries must send to NESI SS Ltd.
- Quarterly update report on the documentation and filing of all CBN-NEMSF documents.
- Review the risk register quarterly and generate a report on its adequacy making recommendations to the management.
Job Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent.
- Experience in related field
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application