Legal Manager at InCorporateHR Limited
InCorporateHR Limited – Our client is recruiting suitably qualified candiates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is seeking to employ the services of a Legal manager who can oversee the legal aspects as well as safeguard the reputation of the company by guaranteeing that the company strictly follow law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The legal manager is also to ensure that probability of exposure is minimized. The individual is responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreement
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
Key Responsibilities / Major Tasks
- Drafting and vetting of MoA, MoU, vendor contracts, undertakings, authority letters et, vetting tender documents and assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures and ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required
- Management of all consultant contracts and providing good interface with our community vendor and projects partner(s).
- Liaison with relevant government offices and other authorizes agencies if necessary
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the records of the same
- Preparation of case drafts and drafting a wide variety of legal agreements and review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements and provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Coordination and briefing / discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fees structure of the advocate.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appoint Advocate for proceeding and Arbitration
- Follow up with concerned officer to attend the court
- Attend meetings/ conferences as and when required / directed the BU management
- Good interface and team work with the QHSE Manager in driving the safety policies of the Business unit.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues
- Master of Laws or L.L.M.
- 4+ years of legal experience in a top tier national or international law firm.
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Experience on managing external legal counsels.
- Solid knowledge of general business law issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities and court litigation.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] or [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: For enquiries, call: +234 810 000 4694.