Legal Officer at a Financial Institution – First Excelsia Professional Services Limited
First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client, a leading Financial Services institution is looking to fill the position below:
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Law / Legal
- The ideal candidate would assist the legal adviser/company secretary achieve the corporate goal of the department within regulation and best practices, spanning corporate legal relationship, administration, affairs, board secretariat duties, shares and stakeholders management.
Key Requirements of the Role
- Handling of all legal enquiries and facilitate solutions within regulation to all the stakeholders of the Bank.
- Legal duties including preparing legal opinions and providing legal advisory and interpretations on various aspects of existing law and regulatory requirements.
- Litigation and Court Matters
- Legal services solicitation and assisting in the management of external lawyers’ affairs with the organization.
- Legal Administration including agreements, legal regulation & compliance and legal vault administration.
- Providing credit and security duties
- Administering secretariat duties
- Additional assignments as may be instructed by line head or Management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Law from any recognized Institution.
- Advanced degree (MS.c)/other professional certification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years post bar and related experience in handling ‘property/title perfecting’ matters.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should forwarding their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the application.