Legal Officer at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono speciality centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency/trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Code: CHL/HQ/HR/2021/08/JAD/0013
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: the Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Role
- The Legal Officer is expected to provide legal services and guidance as necessary to all business units and head office within the Group and liaises with the Company Secretary and other legal firms on behalf of the Company.
- Key Performance Areas
- Draft and review a wide variety of legal agreements.
- Render legal assistance through the preparation of legal opinions, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by the Executive.
- Responsible for all the external legal communications of the Group.
- Ensures the provision of appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law in the administrative functioning of the Group.
- Ensure adequate preparation of Litigation.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Executive.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
- Review and advise the Executive on the legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Advising on and assessing the Level of Compliance to Legislative provisions.
- Provide legal advice on procurement and human resources processes.
- Provide advice and assistance on debt collection processes.
- Conduct training and dissemination of appropriate advice to staff on legal and compliance issues.
- Manage and administer the corporate legal documentation and contracts.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, MoU’s and other legal documents as required by the Group and its various departments.
- Liaise with the Company Lawyers and/or Company Secretary n serious legal issues and business matters.
- Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the hospitals in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- LLB and BL (minimum of second class lower).
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- 4-5 post call to bar experience.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Good research skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law.
- Commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Code as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.