Librarian at The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
The mandate of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is derived from the 1958 Act of Parliament, as amended in 1991, 1993,1997,1998,1999 and 2007. The CBN Act of 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria charges the Bank with the overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide a range of library services that meet the learning, information, leisure, and cultural needs of students and to provide teaching staff with appropriate
curriculum/teaching support material.
LOCATION: Enugu, Ibadan, Zaria
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain library strategies and policies in consultation with students and staff that fully reflect the educational aims and
- objectives of the Centre of Excellence.
- Select, maintain and manage all resources and stock within the library facilities.
- Guide and assist students and teaching staff to make the best use of the library services and facilities within the Centre and host universities.
- Maintain a high level of resource awareness in relation to relevant courses and subject areas and support teaching staff in the effective delivery of the curriculum.
- Liaise with teaching staff to develop a stock selection policy that ensures the provision of relevant resources to cover all areas of the curriculum, and abilities.
- Participate in the planning and development of programmes for information handling skills and literacy within the CoE and contribute actively to the delivery of such programmes.
- Develop and deliver induction training and other training programmes for new and
- existing users of the library services and facilities.
- Stage displays of materials to highlight current affairs, topical issues and particular aspects or areas of the curriculum.
- Promote library services across the Centres and encourage students and teaching staff to make use of library resources effectively.
- Assist with archiving and displaying information and materials.
- Ensure that students and staff are familiar with the use of enquiry and circulation features of the library management systems.
- Arrange library resources and materials in a way that promotes effective retrieval, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library
- resources and materials. Disseminate information relating to resources to pupils and teaching staff as appropriate.
- Carry out the routine procedures associated with the ordering, receipt and distribution of materials and the payment of invoices.
- Prepare materials and collections for use, distribution or disposal.
- Carry out routine procedures associated with the request system and inter-library loans.
- Set up and reorganise library facilities as required, including moving and
- reorganising stock, materials and resources.
- Design and implement library technologies (library management system, subject/research guide system, electronic resources management) to enhance library services.
- Develop electronic collection for the centre comprising eBooks, e-journals, databases, data and statistical sources to enable users access current scholarly
- resources remotely.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Honors Degree in Library Science. A Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Work experience – five years minimum
Method of Application
Applicants should upload their letteres of application.resume/CV and credentials Via the link above and indicate clearly the positions applied for and preferred location
Your letter of application should be in Microsoft Word of PDF and should not exceed 100kb in size
Your CV/Resume should be in microsoft word or PDF and should not exceed 100kb in size. Please scan.
All your credentials to a singlr PDF file for upload. The PDF file containing all your credentails not not exceed 2MB.
Kinfly avoid multipole submissions as duplicate entries will be disqualified
For further information Please call 07002255226