Linkage Facilitator at the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN)
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Linkage Facilitator
Location: Yala, Cross River
Reports to: Laboratory Lead
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- S/he ensures that all children living with HIV (CLHIV) and adolescents living with HIV (ALHIV) on ART are enrolled on OVC program
- S/He facilitates assisted referral for HTS by providing Community Case Workers / Community Volunteers (CCW/CVs) with updated mapping of HTS service providers and directories
- S/he is to provide access to HIV care by ensuring prompt linkage of newly identified clients to ART in collaboration with the facility enrolment staff
- S/he collaborates with CCWs/CVs to follow up and track identified HIV positive clients (ALHIV, CLHIV) not linked to ART
- S/He collaborates with CCWs/CV to ensure that all HIV positive clients (CLHIV, ALHIV) are virally suppressed
- Ensures that index testing is offered to all children of PLHIV in the facility and coordinate with the CCW to ensure home based index testing
- Ensures that appointment register and appointment diary is effectively used
- Ensures prompt tracking of patients who missed appointment and prompt documentation in the tracking register
- S/He works with appropriate facility staff to share weekly line-list of missed appointment and defaulters and monthly line list of LTFU with CCWs/CVs for tracking and Care & Support specialist
- Collaborates with facility DOT officer to improve TB referral services and ensure TB positive patient are commenced on anti TB drugs
- Collaborate with the PMTCT focal persons to ensure all HIV positive pregnant adolescent clients are enrolled on OVC program and follow up on the exposed infant till final outcome
- Ensures continued collaboration with the PMTCT focal persons to enroll HIV positive multiparous mother with children on the OVC program
- Work with the facility’s M&E staff to generate VL eligible list quarterly in advance and share with CCWs/CVs for follow up and care and support specialist
- Ensure eligible patients are sent for VL sample collection and documented in the care cards
- Populates viral load tracking template monthly/as required and share with the HIV care and support specialist.
Statement of Commitment to Protection
CCCRN recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Yala Local Government (Cross River State)
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- The job description given is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.
- CCCRN is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.