Livelihood Adviser at Deloitte Nigeria
Akintola Williams Deloitte is the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firm in Nigeria and the oldest indigenous professional services firm in Nigeria. The firm was established in 1952 by Mr. Akintola Williams, FCA, CFR, CBE, the doyen of the accountancy profession in Nigeria. Our approach to corporate responsibility is shaped by the recognition…
Read more about this company
Livelihood Adviser (State Level)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abia
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Type: Contract
- The Livelihood Adviser will provide advice and guidance to strengthen the quality of implementation of livelihood components of the project. The Consultants will provide strategic technical leadership in developing livelihood sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required. In addition, the adviser will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned.
- Assist in assessing existing livelihoods activities and value chains beneficial to the women in the corresponding project state
- Assist to research existing agricultural systems at the State level and establishing partnerships with corresponding MDAs in the project state to identify available value chain programs and establish links with Agricultural extension workers
- Support the use of LGA assessments to design interventions related to component 2 of the project, specifically, to identify existing value chains, areas of intervention and scope of work of the Barefoot Business Councillors (BBCs)
- Assist Federal Advisers and Anchors to Identify and facilitate the recruitment of agency/CSO/university/individual with credentials on Business Advisory Services related background and experience to train the BBCs
- Support and facilitate in the creation of the cadre of Barefoot Business Counsellors (BBCs) under the supervision of the LPIUs and the development of eligibility criteria to guide the selection of BBCs
- Facilitate the development of BBCs Training manual in collaboration with the Federal and LGA Project Units that BBC’s are properly trained to provide knowledge and technical input for preparation of business plan by WAG members
- Support the evaluation of livelihood grant proposals and assist LGA evaluation committees in this process.
- Provide guidance on approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods programs
- Assist in overseeing training of livelihood groups on the relevant livelihood sectors and skills needed to be successful
- Guide the development of monitoring tools to assist the field teams in monitoring the progress of the livelihood groups at the state level
- Assist in the development of state work plans
- Any other technical tasks as assigned by the Project
- Advanced degree in social sciences, Agriculture, Economics or related field
- Minimum of five to seven years relevant experience in the field of livelihoods support, food security and economic strengthening programming in context of development and recovery. Such experience should cover both urban and rural settings
- Knowledge of the state livelihoods characteristics and experience working in the corresponding project state
- Skills in project design, proposal writing, needs assessment surveys, monitoring and evaluation plans, and gender equality strategies and action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (speaking/writing) in English and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration
- Strong analytical skills, including experience leading economic & livelihood assessments in a recovery context
- Proven skills in providing capacity development support to local partners.
- The person should be well versed with working in MS office environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team