Livelihood/ Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Jesuit Refugee Services
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS was …
Read more about this company
Livelihood/ Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Title: Livelihood/ M & E Officer Supervisor: Field Coordinator /Livelihood
Country of Assignment: Nigeria Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Maiduguri Supervisor’s Seat: Maiduguri
Under the supervision of Inclusive Livelihoods Project Manager, the Livelihoods Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will oversee the implementation of the project monitoring plan and will undertake routine data (quantitative and qualitative) collection and analysis on key project indicators using specifically designed instruments for project monitoring.
Monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the implementation of inclusive livelihoods project activities by
- Contributing to the development and utilization of monitoring tools, including pre and post training tests, surveys etc, and ensure that the data tools are properly used.
- Ensuring the timely and effective implementation of M&E tools in the site.
- Collect, record, manage and analyze project related data and results
- Track project activities to ensure timely implementation and alignment with project goals and objectives.
- Develop monitoring plans for projects in accordance with goals, objectives and indicators in project proposals and agreements.
- Assist in the development of logic models, and other monitoring and evaluation related information in the proposal and program development process
- Report results and findings to team members, JRS leadership and stakeholders as required.
Providing support and capacity building
- Supporting, designing and developing training plans, training curricula and training materials and making sure they are validated by the Technical Advisor(s) and the Project Manager.
- Train team members on use of monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure proper implementation
Contributing towards the development of the project
- Participating in the assessment of gaps and needs in the sector of intervention and exchanging information with the Project Manager.
- Participating in review of strategies and project planning.
- Management and supervision of staff under his/her line management
- Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
Bachelor Degree in Business Development or qualification in related field
Experience and Qualification
- At least 2 years’ practical experience of M&E, data collection, management and analysis in development and/or humanitarian sector with special emphasis on livelihood program Experience in community and stakeholder’s relationship building and management.
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Experience in the implementation of project monitoring plan.
- Experience in monitoring projects is desirable.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Great attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong computer skills especially Excel and databases
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Excellent oral communication in English and in a local language.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.