Livelihoods & Food Security Project Manager at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihoods & Food Security Project Manager
Job Identification: 740
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Livelihood and Food Security
Job Schedule: Full time
Level: Grade Level 8 Step 1 (National)
Report to: Area Manager with technical management by the LFS Specialist
Travel: 60% travel to other field offices.
Duration and Type of Contract: 12 months (till December 31st 2021 with possibility of extension.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola and Maiduguri Area Offices, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA); Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager for our Yola-South Area office in North East Nigeria. The purpose of the Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager Position is to implement the delegated Area Office Livelihoods project portfolio according to strategy and Plan of Action.
- The Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager report to the Area Manager (Yola) with technical management by the Livelihoods & Food Security Specialist. This position is open to Nigerian nationals only!
- Compliance and adherence to NRC LFS policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Management of project staff according to hierarchy.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of livelihood and food security projects (project activities and documentation) in accordance with donor proposals, strategies and requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent the NRC in relevant forums / groups / working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs / returnees in accordance with the advocacy strategy.
- Assume the leadership of the national team in the start of project activities
- Support and technical support for the development of staff in their roles and responsibilities at work
- Identify the priorities, problems and challenges related to the implementation of projects
- Develop technical tools and documents to implement these new projects
- Ensure collaboration with the various departmental and national technical services
- Identify synergies with other NRC sectors such as education and water and sanitation and shelter.
- Candidates should possess a Master’s degree.
Application Closing Date
1:52 PM; 10th March, 2021.