Logistics Manager at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Location: Ngala, Borno
- The Logistics Manager will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base.
- He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
- He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
Org Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Field coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Entire base logistics team
- Functional manager: Logistics Coordinator
- Functional report(s): Logistics Coordinator
List Of Main Tasks
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level
- Updating of price lists and supplier files on regular bases
- Manage the Solidarités International purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored, observed and update LFU (Log follow up) for each project.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and draft the contracts
- Participate in the drafting the call for tenders
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that dealings with suppliers are monitored
- Communicate and coordinate with coordination the purchase required Coordination and HQ validation.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to Solidarités International safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that fuel consumption and vehicle mileage are monitored, consolidated, analyzed and recorded
- Prevent the misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Update fuel follow up, register fuel consumption of on real time and integrate the fleet report.
- Update statement of park (durable inventory) in real time
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Update the responsibility follow up regularly.
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Install communication means and ensure that they are regularly maintained
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams and organize training sessions
- Select storage locations and create a plan for the development and security of these sites
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
- Update stock follow up on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Human Resource Management:
- Analyse and quantify logistics personnel needs
- Recruit, train and supervise the logistics team
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Train teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists, as well as information in use (import-export, exemption, taxes)
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Pass on purchasing reports for closed programs to the coordinators at the established frequency
- Studies:graduation in Social Sciences or Economics or any related field
- Experience:2 years experience in similar position in NGO
- Languages:English (Hausa and Kanuri is a plus)
- IT: Microsoft Excel/Word
- Logistics related skills: supply chain/inventory management, ware house/store management, ICT
- Personal qualities: Honest, reliable, very good organization, resistance to stress, good inter personal skill (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity to prioritize.
- When the above link opens, select “Logistics Manager – Ngala”, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply