Logistics Operations Manager at Yemisi Vese Logistics
Yemisi Vese Logistics, a leading logistics company in Nigeria, is looking to engage qualified and experienced candidates in the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Operations Manager
Location: Ikota, Lekki – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a reliable Logistics Operations Manager who will be responsible for the planning, optimization, and execution of the transportation of parcel shipments and monitoring of international deliveries.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that all deliveries are made on time, assigning routes or jobs to individual couriers and operating within the constraints of a budget.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee day-to-day office management tasks, ensuring that all safety regulations are adhered to.
- Customer service is extremely, ensure service levels are maintained, and customer satisfaction achieved.
- Manage a team of people and ensure all training needs are met, performance is monitored, and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- As a member of the management team, you will be expected to prepare and submit income and expense reports, budgets, and other documentation as required.
- Develop emergency response plans or procedures.
- Develop and implement operating strategies, plans, policy changes or procedures.
- Communicate organizational information to customers or other stakeholders.
- Monitor organizational procedures to ensure proper functioning.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Determine operational compliance with regulations or standards.
- Resolve customer complaints or problems in tandem with the Customer Service Agent
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets
- Supervise logistics riders, freight companies and customer services.
- Package goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Research ideal shipping practices, routing, and customer service satisfaction
- Maintain process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Analyze and evaluate data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or any quantitative subject
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Must live on the Island and its environs.
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager, with at least 3 years’ experience in supply chain management, logistics, and customer service operations
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficient in the use of computer software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral) – Very important
- Strong attention to details
N100,000 – N120,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of email
Application Deadline 20th June, 2021.