Maintenance Engineer in a Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading company in the manufacturing of Plastics, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
- Our client is in need of a Maintenance Engineer who will supervise and manage the maintenance activity for production related equipment including but not limited to injection moulding machines, moulds, hot runner systems, diesel and gas generators, air compressors, scrap grinders, cooling towers and water pumps for the entire plant.
- Maintenance of production related equipment
- To be responsible for the maintenance of all injection moulding machines, moulds, hot runner systems, diesel and gas generators, air compressors, scrap grinders, cooling towers and water pumps for the entire plant to ensure they are in good working order and all safety measures are active as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To effectively prioritize maintenance work orders given to internal maintenance team with a view to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and minimize downtime.
- To effectively prioritize maintenance work orders given to external contractors and follow up on their timely completion. Submit progress report on a monthly basis. Ensure proper accounting of the same.
- To ensure that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained on the manufacturing shop floor.
- To ensure that the inventory of spare parts (both imported and locally procured), fuels and oils are available and where required initiate the order process.
- To supervise the maintenance team consisting of a minimum of 20 people.
- To ensure that all daily mould changes are supervised and carried as per the requirement of the production manager.
- To prepare and implement a preventive maintenance schedule for all production related equipment.
- To ensure that and be responsible for monthly checks of the Firefighting equipment and ensure it is in good working condition.
- Maintain daily reports of:
- Diesel and Gas generator operation
- Air compressor operation
- Water treatment plant.
- Submit monthly closing stock report of:
- All spare parts
- Fuels and oils.
- Submit monthly consumption reports of:
- Power consumption from Diesel and Gas Generators
- Power supply from national grid (PHCN)
- All fuels and oils.
- Prepare machine break down reports, mould change reports, maintain machine maintenance history cards.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in maintenance of all production-related equipment as stated above.
- Exposure in supervising a team of at least 20 efficiently.
- Basic computer knowledge being able to use programs such as Email, MS Excel and Word.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st May, 2020.