Manager, Commercial Roaming & High Value at 9Mobile
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Manager, Commercial Roaming & High Value
- Manager Commercial Roaming & High Value will be responsible for driving the company’s wholesale and retail roaming strategy, retail IDD objective, proposing, implementing and driving strategic and tactical initiatives for High Value Segment in line with set objectives to support business growth opportunities.
- The Manager Commercial roaming & High Value sees to the end to end implementation of the core proposition (product & pricing), route to market, advertising, promotion strategies, outbound and inbound roaming customer experience and satisfaction that will facilitate the realization of the consumer segment’s ARPU and Revenue objectives.
- Keep abreast of Global marketing trends and strategic direction in roaming product offerings and recommend options or alternatives to the Head, Consumer Sigment Marketing. Manage and coordinate efforts, inputs and outputs and relationship with internal stakeholders and 3rd party organizations with regards to high value, wholesale and retail roaming.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Responsible for driving the company’ wholesale roaming by establishing new roaming agreements & sign preferred agreements with key operators.
- Ensure the periodic development and update of demographic profiles specifically for EMTS’s High Value segment.
- Ensure the development of promotional campaigns targeted at EMTS’s consumer segment aimed at acquiring new high value customers and stimulating usage among existing customers.
- Design a customer life-cycle extension plan for EMTS’s High Value segment and propose recommendations/new product initiatives
- Responsible for Determining roaming cost optimization strategy through the management and implementation of roaming discount agreements
- Determine and implement a roaming strategy based on the cost and coverage needs of the business, supporting retail and wholesale roaming products, services and partnerships
- Manage and plan the end to end delivery and management of roaming discount agreements (Including M2M addendums) through from negotiation, business case sign-off to credit note reconciliation and ensure that that it fits in the retail roaming strategy.
- Responsible for collaboration in the design of the strategy and its execution along with tracking the traffic, pricing and quality analysis of various international Roaming partners and produce comprehensive comparison of the carriers mainly for VAS Services, Steering and IRA needs.
- Manage financial reporting and roaming accounting through EMTS’s management and financial accounting teams
- Ensure systems compliance by sourcing and roll-out applications and programs to support international roaming and increase service options available on the roaming platform. eg. ability to charge at TAP, TAP charging compliance, technical requirements to support 3G, 4G, CAMEL versions etc.
- Responsible for revenue from inbound roaming to EMTS and from outbound retail roaming and wholesale partnerships. Targeted to optimize cost savings and support revenue growth through business as usual and Global Solutions.
- Facilitate and coordinate the technical aspects of interconnect between EMTS and roaming partners:
- Manage, monitor and evaluate on-going performance and quality of all roaming and high value products and services in line with pre-defined service levels and KPIs.
- Manage alliances with international roaming partners and ensure achievement of service level agreements.
- Liaise with EMTS switch unit concerning connection of interconnect partners with EMTS
- Collect and interpret data on the dimension of air traffic between EMTS and the various operators
- Anticipate and document possible problems from call data information and map out strategies for mitigating related risks.
- Develop propositions/business cases for up-to-date roaming packages, propose modifications to enhance existing offerings and proffer recommendations to the Head, Consumer Segment Marketing
- Liaise with the Marketing Communications and Media teams in defining effective channels for communicating defined/approved initiatives aimed at creating awareness in High Value and commercial roaming.
- Facilitate new product training and coordinate with relevant client facing functions (e.g. Customer Care, Sales and Regional Personnel) to ensure staff are fully trained on all roaming and high value products and services.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, High Value, Mass Market Segments and Commercial Roaming
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the High Value Mass Market Segments & Commercial Roaming.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to 9Mobile career website on careers.9mobile.com.ng to apply