MANAGER, PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE PAIN STRATEGY & RESEARCH – Benue
The Manager, Professional Practice Pain Strategy and Research is a key leader in Saskatchewan health care, partnering with system leaders to achieve our province’s healthcare goals. Reporting to the Director of Clinical Excellence, the Manager is responsible for creating operational lines of sight that connect to the goals and objectives of the SHA. The Manager supports strategy through the development and execution of operational and business plans, including cascading, monitoring, reporting, and course correction of same. The Manager demonstrates strong leadership to enable an innovative and positive working climate and a client-centric culture. The Manager must work cross functionally within the portfolio and across the organization to support operations. The Manager will develop partnerships and work closely with system and community partners.
- Masters in health related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensed and in good standing with professional association and/or regulatory body, if applicable.Experience:Experience, at an operational level, as a leader who has developed and led innovative planning projects or programs in a complex multi-stakeholder environment. 5 years of experience in Healthcare, Quality Improvement or Research environment. Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of legislation and applicable laws.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system in Saskatchewan.
- Has demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills.
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity.
- Ability to adapt to change or unexpected developments.
- Ability to integrate clinical knowledge and experience into activities to enhance clinical practice.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Basic knowledge of the LEAN management system.
- A knowledge of Human Resources programs and systems.
- Promotes innovation, guides change and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Has a proven ability to collaborate and partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community, to balance the needs and interests of these diverse groups while maintaining alignment with strategic priorities.
- Demonstrates commitment to a diverse, culturally competent and culturally safe health system and representative workforce.
- Demonstrates and is recognized for strategic and operational leadership that includes articulation of mission, vision and strategy and charts a path forward.
- Mobilizes people, inspires and leads by example.
- Is committed to delivering on patient and family centred care.
- Is committed to quality, safety and continuous improvement striving towards zero harm.
- Knowledge of First Nations and Mtis History in Saskatchewan along with an understanding of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action.
- This provincial role exists to lead the Integrated Pain Strategy mandate across the province by advancing excellence in quality patient centred care and practice aimed at supporting and enhancing interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary professional practice and self-care.
- This inter/intra professional collaborative leadership role focuses on engaging clinical teams, patients and family advisors from across the province in the development, implementation, and maintenance of pain assessment , prevention and management approaches, resources and education.
- The incumbent engages with patients, clinicians and external stakeholders, to promote evidence informed practice and a culture of patient centred care.
- The Development of Pain Strategies will serve to provide patients seamless access to the appropriate care and resources regardless of their location.
- This role leads the coordination of bringing key stakeholders together and formation of Clinical Development and Research teams ensuring clinical leadership and multidisciplinary / multi-jurisdictional engagement for each initiative.
- They lead the development, alignment, implementation, communication, evaluation, and maintenance of Pain Strategy initiatives including but not limited to guidelines, policies, and protocols and non-traditional practices.
- This role will also manage teams through matrix reporting relationships as well as term positions accessed through a range of project/initiative specific funding sources.
- The incumbent is responsible for recruitment, orientation and performance management of these personnel.
- Travel within the province of Saskatchewan may be required.
- Please provide a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Geographic Location: REGINA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Expected Start Date: June 21, 2021
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Employment Services, Wascana Rehabilitation Centre