Akintola Williams Deloitte is the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firm in Nigeria and the oldest indigenous professional services firm in Nigeria.
Manager / Senior Manager – Sustainability
About Risk Advisory
- Deloitte’s Risk Advisory helps clients focus on areas of increased risk, address the entire spectrum of emerging risks, including disruption due to innovation, cyber, geopolitical, and other trends; and pursue intelligent risk-taking as a means to value creation. Our major service offerings include:
- Financial Industry Risk and Regulatory
- Regulatory and Legal Support
- Accounting and Internal Controls
- Cyber & Strategy Risk
- Our Sustainability approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with economic, social and environmental and governance knowledge to help our clients excel globally. Our Sustainability service offerings include:
- Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainability Assurance
- Strategy and Policy Development
- Circular Economy and Climate Change
- Programme Development and Implementation
- ESG Services
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Risk Advisory team as a Sustainability Manager / Senior Manager.
The successful candidate will perform the following roles as part of our Sustainability Practice team:
- Lead the delivery of Sustainability and ESG for the Sustainability Practice at Deloitte West Africa (Nigeria and Ghana)
- Drive the strategic advocacy agenda of the group, and projects of the Risk Advisory department as may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and implementing go to market strategy for the Sustainability Practice. This involves opportunities identification, design and pursuit.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activity and drive the implementation of coordinated response.
- Own and drive assigned engagement deliveries.
- Manage and deliver advisory projects including sustainability assessment and strategy, reporting, social return on investment, stakeholder engagement, programs, green building, assurance etc.
- Identify, recommend and lead improvement initiatives for clients based on gaps, opportunities, client requirements, global trends and sector benchmarking.
- Contribute to new product/service development and advancement of existing client tools and solutions.
- Manage and build the capacity within the sustainability team according to business requirement.
- Lead the eminence activities of the Practice and the growth of the brand.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a Second Class Upper in Environmental Science / Engineering, Civil Engineering, Development Planning or in a relevant Environmental / Social Science discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant environmental and social science field is desirable.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE / GCE / NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English.
- Professional qualification from GRI, ISO, ISSP, IEMA or other relevant recognized professional bodies and institutions is an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience in any of the Big 4 of a similar role. Candidate should be able demonstrate recent delivery of the required sustainability offerings.
- Have good knowledge of the World Bank safeguards policies and Nigeria/Ghana’s environmental laws.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, client presentations, and project management.
- Applicant will be mainly based in Nigeria and will serve the Ghana Office when required.
What Impact Will You Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Interested and qualified? Go to Deloitte on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply