Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Control Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Job
- We are looking for a Market Control Analyst who would be responsible for supporting the activities of the Market Control Team.
- This position will have strategic responsibility for ensuring that duties are proactively managed to ensure smooth and timely delivery of market control services. These include market monitoring, training, static data maintenance, and enforcement of trading rules on the trading floor. This position reports to the Team Lead, Market Control.
As a member of the Market Operations Department you would also be responsible for the following:
- Support the entire activities of the Market Control Team.
- Ensure Daily Market monitoring and enforcing of the trading rules.
- Ensuring that all the results and notices from issuers, LSR, and corporate communications on Exchange related activities are published before the market closes.
- Broadcast news from Corporate Communications on Exchange-related activities E.g. Facts behind the figures, Market Closing Gong Ringing.
- Ensure that all pending market news from the previous day is broadcasted on X-Stream before the Market opens the next trading day.
- Monitor trading activities on the floor and via remote traders to ensure a fair and orderly market.
- Ensure that the trading rules of the Nigerian Exchange as it pertains to trading are adhered to/enforced as required.
To successfully deliver these goals, you must have the following relevant experience & qualifications below:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND qualification in Finance / Banking, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or related courses.
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC working experience in the financial services sector.
- Membership in a professional body- CIS/CISI, ICMR, ICAN, or any other related profession is an added advantage.
This is the opportunity for you if you have the skills and requirements below:
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to listen and understand employee concerns and formulate a decision to resolve the issues.
- Effective organisational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: [email protected] using "NGX Recruitment – Market Control Analyst" as the subject of the email.
Note: This is an excellent opportunity to put your diverse and niche skills to use and contribute to a project that will significantly have a huge influence on the capital market. If you are currently seeking a new project and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply