mDoc is a digital health social enterprise that leverages behavioral science, technology and quality improvement methodologies to provide improved access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs. We are seeking knowledgeable health Coaches to join our team. Our goal is to augment the knowledge and capability of healthcare providers and health consumers to ensure longer, happier and healthier lives across sub-Saharan Africa. mDoc aims to further build capability and to support physicians to provide education and tools to patients to improve self-management. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
In close partnership with community-based organizations, government, NGOs and a leading commercial partner, we are augmenting the health system to focus on what matters to our members in their communities. We are building an enabling community-based ecosystem to better help people with self-management of their chronic conditions and other health needs while helping them navigate quality in-person healthcare when face-to-face care is needed. We focus on personalized care. Over the next few months, we will grow quickly with key projects requiring a deep focus and the discipline, rigor and humility to test alongside our customers, iterate and scale.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Coach
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Akwa Ibom, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
The Health Coach will:
- Provide support, lifestyle education and guidance to participants virtually and in-person and addressing their queries as well as motivating them.
- Work with the operations and clinical team to understand population level data and make adjustments to the evidence-based curriculum.
- Community engagement and mobilization through a multitude of methods
- Work with community-based partners on shared initiatives
- Research and compile needed clinical resources.
- Support marketing and sales initiatives as subject matter expert.
- Review data constantly and provide feedback within expected time frames on improvements or support
- Pay close attention to tracking disease markers
- Be based in Lagos
- Be required to use technology for a majority of the work
- Master’s degree or relevant qualification in social services or health-related field preferred (nursing/midwifery, psychology, counseling, health education, exercise science, nutrition and dietetics, etc.) preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in health coaching, health promotion, chronic illness management or other clinical role preferred.
- Health coach certification preferred
- Registered Nurse required
- Expert knowledge of motivational interviewing, reflective listening, behavior change theory, and health psychology preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively support, communicate, and teach the unique culture and values of mDoc
- Technology savvy and enthusiastic adopter of work and personal tools. Must be comfortable with assisting others in using technology and working remotely
- Passion for improving health care experience, outcomes and costs
- Interest in reviewing and responding to patient and population health data
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong communication and “person-centred” skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume or CV to: [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Application Deadline: 13th April, 2021.