Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance & Service Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary & Purpose
- Hands on manufacture, maintenance, installation, service and repair to a varied range of diesel driven generating sets, diesel generator control systems and associated equipment including turbochargers and fuel injection equipment.
- Analyze gaps to ensure program meets PSM and ISA requirements.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and carry out forward planning on assigned work/projects.
- Ensure most economical and effective layout of mechanical installations together with achieving high level of productivity in work assigned.
- Strategize on maintenance, work instruction and methods.
- Establish maintenance strategies to install and commission equipment.
- Ensure operatives, apprentices and assistants under control carry out all works to required standards.
- Ensure having adequate hand tools to carry out duties.
- Ensure all resources allocated are safely and securely stored while in possession and ensure that returned in a reasonable and appropriate timescales.
- Plan routine maintenance of plant equipment and machinery.
- Analyze breakdowns, diagnose faults and supervise time critical equipment repairs.
- Conduct self in a manner, which maintains and enhances working relationship with customer and where possible, capitalize on any networking opportunities to promote the Company and its services.
- Complete all paperwork such as job appointments, PMRs and expense claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that issues and risks are escalated to Management to allow adequate investigation and resolution.
- Manage budget for current and future equipment upgrades and replacements.
- Schedule and obtain project material and manpower.
- Check work-in-progress and during completion to meet specifications.
- Ensure that all actions are considerate and compliant with the quality standards, health and safety standards and Company standards.
- Approach situations with a responsible, tenacious and accountable attitude.
- Ensure all identified problems and causes for concern are reported to Department Manager immediately and recorded.
Education / Qualification Trade Test Certificate
- SSCE / ND / HND / B.Sc in Mechanical
- Knowledge: Proven ability and aptitude as Mechanical Technician
- Experience: 3-5 years.
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Reporting Skills
- Practical, productive & mechanical engineering skills
- Time served
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Range of communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ready to travel whenever assigned for jobs.
Attributes / Personal Characteristics:
- Customer focused
- Technical supervisory knowledge
- Ability to work in team
- Make positive contribution to day to day working.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.