Media Coordinator – Abuja
Media Coordinator – Consortium for Elections and Political Process Strengthening(CEPPS) – Sustaining Electoral Engagement for Democracy (SEED) Project
FCT, Abuja, Nigeria
A professional, motivated, and creative Media Coordinator who will be responsible for the capacity-building, relationship-building, coaching of partner radio stations and co-production of radio programs under the project.
The position holder will support local radio stations in their planning, production, publicity, outreach and broadcast a weekly radio drama, monitor the work and airing of partner radio stations, monitor the airing of spots and jingles and collect feedback from listeners. He/She would also work with Sub grantees on various Peace community media innovations at the various states of implementation.
S/he will work under the direct supervision of the National Program Manager and will work closely with the National Media Manager and the Design, Monitoring and Evaluation team, and other project team members. The position holder will supervise and closely monitor the work of the radio producers based in the partner FM radio station.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the media manager in managing the Sustaining Electoral Engagement for Democracy (SEED) project media outreach activities, including programmatic, compliance, personnel, financial, and administrative matters.
- Ensures all activities are conducted in accordance with Search policies and donor rules and regulations
- Support Media manager in conducting Media Sector Analyses and Communication Channel Mapping
- Work with Sub grantees on various Peace community media innovations at the various states of implementation.
- Nurture positive relationships with partner radio station and producers of these radio station
- Support local radio stations in their planning, production, publicity, outreach and broadcast of radio drama programs on key election-related topics, including the dangers of hate speech, rumors, misinformation, and disinformation; the importance of inclusive elections, featuring the voices of women, PWDs, youth, etc.
- Lead the curriculum process using Search’s common ground approach and inputs from trained journalists as well as in coordination with project partners to develop the intended outcomes, knowledge, attitude and behaviour change objectives for the radio programs, determine the target audience, and key messages of the radio programs;
- Establish and Train State Level Common Ground Journalist Forums on fact-based reporting, protective journalism, networking, and how media can serve as change agents and promote peace and democratic values within their reporting
- Develop activity work plans, radio program production and broadcast plans and strategies;
- Develop and implement the promotion, publicity and outreach plan and strategy to promote and publicize the radio programs and spots/jingles among its target audience;
- Support the Media Manager and Grants Coordinator to prepare Terms of Reference and Contracts for the Partner FM stations and the Radio Producers;
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the production of the radio programs;
- Keep track of media logs, monitor the broadcast of the radio programs and provide regular feedback to the partner FM radio station;
- Provide necessary support to the Social Media Coordinator to manage social media profiles relating to the project, including publishing and distributing content, running campaigns and monitoring progress;
- Listen and report all aired episodes of radio program and provide constructive feedback to the producers and presenters;
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring support to the radio producers and presenters;
- Coordinate with the program teams to integrate program messages into media programming streams;
- Track organization’s news coverage through online and traditional sources;
- Provide support in writing, formatting and editing communications/media/outreach materials;
- Develop relations with media actors and assist in mobilizing media for events where necessary;
- Capture photos and success stories in all Search meetings, trainings and events;
- Provide monitoring data to the DM&E manager and share success stories and impact stories as a result of radio programs;
- Provide media reports and documentation and share progress, challenges, and lessons learned to support the Project Manager to write periodic progress reports;
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send the following to our Career Portal.
1) Current resume
2) Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)