Medical Officer at Havana Specialist Hospital
Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Medical Officer is responsible for the provision of quality healthcare excellence; planning, arranging and participating in a range of medical examinations and assessments ofpatients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow all clinical treatment and company policies and procedures laid out by Havana Specialist Hospital.
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency life care services, during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to provide a 24 hour service to the hospital.
- Deciding the best form of treatment to give to a patient.
- To undertake morning, afternoon and evening ward round daily and if possible with a member of the nursing staff when available ensuring patients are visited where appropriate. To make an entry in the patient’s notes as appropriate following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- To provide urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff or visitors in case of accident or sudden illness in liaison with othersenior clinicianson duty.
- Maintain a proper record of symptoms, examinations and treatment of all patients allotted. Complete departmental request forms for diagnostic purposes in accordance with departmental and hospital regulation as well as to provide accurate medical reports for HMOs, Retainers, patients’ relatives or patients whenever demanded by the hospital’s billing unit or medical records unit, especially at points of discharge or referral.
- Exercise due professional care in the management of patients who may be allotted to him/her within the limits of his/her own competence and experience.
- Perform a daily round of his/her patients when rostered for duty.
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess an MBBS Degree or its equivalent and full Registration with the Medical and Dental council of Nigeria (MDCN) and a current practising lincense.
- Must possess at least 3 years post qualification work experience in the management of medical cases.
- Ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications/software and the use of EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
Skills and Competencies:
- Possess knowledge of clinical, and cognate sciences and their applications to patient care.
- Knowledge of fire and Emergency Procedures.
- Adaptability/flexibility and teamwork/collaboration.
- Updated clinical and theoretical knowledge.
- Ability to provide compassionate, appropriate, and effective care to patients
- Ability to evaluate and improve care practices.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.