Medical Team Leader / Medical Referent at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) December, 2019
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting for fulltime Medical Team Leader / Medical Referent.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Team Leader / Medical Referent
Location: Monguno, Borno
Report to (technical): Medical coordinator/Deputy Medical coordinator
Report to (functional): Report to (functional)
- Participate in the definition, planning and monitoring of medical activities and programs in the field in accordance with ALIMA protocols, and coordinate the human and material resources needed to ensure the quality of medical care provided by ALIMA.
- Ensure actively in the Monguno project that ALIMA’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- With support of the PC, steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with the project team and according to the internal and donor indicators in order to evaluate the level of achievement of the project objectives.
- Participate in different meetings on the management of the project: Cluster meeting, technical meetings… in order to maintain effective and good collaboration with different stakeholders and improve thereby the implementation of the project.
- Provide and redact reporting (medical sitrep) to the medical coordination and project coordinator on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed.
- Provide inputs on the budget processes and participate in the monitoring of the budget holding of the approved yearly budget.
- Ensure that excellent communication and effective working relationships are maintained between ALIMA and partners.
- Ensure that skilled, highly motivated and duly registered (by respective professional regulator bodies) health staffs are provided to the project to support ALIMA staff. In the same view, ensure the quality of the recruitment processes, follow up and coaching of staff is maintained.
- Supervise full implementation of safety and health protocols, reporting to the Medical Coordination on risky behaviours, in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staff.
- Collaborate with the coordination team for the international medical orders.
- Assist medical team members when they have questions or problems, and oversees medical team member work for quality and guidelines compliance.
- Ensure a data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in agreement with the medical coordination, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventive protocols for the targeted population.
- Manage the project pharmacy to ensure efficiency and validate medical orders to the central for project activities.
- Implement the health policy for national staff; provides all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans; manages any medical evacuation in order to ensure ALIMA staff health.
- In collaboration of the MONGUNO LGA management team, ensure that all dispositions necessary for the trainings of MoH staff from LGA’s are provided, in accordance of the project objectives.
- Contribute to the operation and running of any research projects where appropriate by providing clinical advice on the relevance of research projects and attending research team meetings.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the medical department/Project
- ALIMA is a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs;
- All ALIMA staff must be flexible and willing to assist in ALIMA operations as and when required.
The Job description is subject to amendment depending on the ongoing requirements of the project. Failure to respect the rules and responsibilities mentioned in this job description in the internal rules, or in the contract will be sanctioned.
Min Required Experience:
- Essential: A Medical Doctor Diploma.
- Essential: minimum of 2 years experience as a similar position in medical activities related jobs.
- Desirable: working experience in ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Experience in the position of referent doctor
- Project experience combining hospital and OPD activities
- Mission language essential ( English), local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management.
- Contract term: contract under French law, 3 months, renewable
- Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Minimum net salary: 2000 Euros per month
ALIMA Pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About The alliance For International Medical Action (alima)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) pools the expertise of international aid workers, national medical organizations and global research institutions to provide quality medical care …Know More about The alliance For International Medical Action (alima)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
17 Positions – Not Specified