MEL Capacity Building Manager
SoCha LLC is preparing a submission for the USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity. This activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance. Contractors are strongly encouraged to partner with Nigerian organizations, companies, research institutes, and/or academic institutions to achieve the goals and carry out the activities described herein.
The objective of MEL Support Activity is to supplement and strengthen the Mission’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacity to enhance programmatic outcomes and comply with USAID policies and directives.**
The Capacity Building Specialist will oversee and support MEL capacity strengthening of diverse stakeholders toward their performance improvement. These stakeholders include USAID/Nigeria staff and implementing partners, and government of Nigeria institutions.
This is a full-time position contingent upon USAID award.
- In coordination closely with the field team, oversee the design and implementation of demand-driven MEL technical assistance (TA) interventions;
- Facilitate institutional and organizational TA needs assessments of organizational stakeholders;
- Develop tailored MEL capacity development plans, and coordinate the delivery of demand-driven TA, training, and mentoring to partner organizations to strengthen partner MEL capacity;
- Assess and offer effective remedies for MEL capacity gaps among USAID’s partners as well as SoCha’s own local partners.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a related area;
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in leading MEL capacity building, facilitation, and training and technical assistance to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Experience and familiarity developing and utilizing capacity and performance assessment diagnostic tools;
- Experience in leading design and measurement of strategy.
- Technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs with multiple stakeholders;
- Prior experience in training, support and mentorship of local staff.
- Strong proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Nigerian Citizens / residents preferred
How to apply:
Suitably skilled and qualified applicants are encouraged to lodge an application via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/ng_mel-capacity-building-manager/