Mental Health Nurses at Freedom Foundation
We were moved to take action, because we have had the privilege of viewing society from two spectrums; an awareness of the abysmal poverty and the acute need that exists at a stratum. It is the general notion that people in poverty do not want to work, go back to school, better themselves or be integrated into society. The reality is that most of them lack t…
Read more about this company
Mental Health Nurse
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
- Provide direct nursing care to patients including monitoring, reviews and reports.
- Conduct individual, group psychotherapy and family interaction meetings.
- Obtain medical, psychiatric, social, and family histories on new admissions, schedule and arrange for special tests; develop discharge plans; maintain charts and logs.
- Assist in developing and organizing clinical treatment programs including individualized patient treatment plans and case management reviews.
- Keeps medical records and prepares psychiatric reports.
- Conduct patient assessments, ward rounds and review (diagnosis, management plan medications of clients’ admitted in the facility)
- Assist the Head Nurse in patient’s assessment, treatment and review
- Communicate with family members on patient’s progress and further management.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Must be a registered psychiatric nurse.
- Additional qualifications/certifications will be an advantage.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a mental health setting.
- Excellent relationship management.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.