MEP Engineer at Bola Tinubu Health & Diagnostics Centre (PPC Limited)
Bola Tinubu Health & Diagnostics Centre is an ultra-modern Diagnostic Center facility which provides Radiology and laboratory services at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja Lagos. BTHDC is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) between PPC Limited and Lagos State Government. PPC Limited is affiliated to Philips Medical System (PMS), a global leader in providing clinical management and diagnostic technology, and have been successful in transferring latest technology to the healthcare industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEP Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Systems Engineering
- Design, plan and implement MEP projects from medium to high-rise buildings including Residential, Hotels, Hospitals, Corporate offices, Commercial Malls, and Institutions of all Plumbing, Firefighting, HVAC & Electrical Works.
- Internal: Systems Engineering, Operations, BPMO and Finance
- External: Vendors, Consultants, OEMs, Fed. Govt, State Govt. Oil & Gas, Telecoms
Key Result Area 1: Design:
- HVAC systems, Fire Fighting System, Sanitary system, Water Supply system, Storm-water drainage system, Lifts Installation, DG set Installation, Electrical wirings (indoor and ELP), and other MEP services
Key Result Area 2:
- Site Inspection and supervision, reviewing of specifications, BOQ, design calculations, schematics & layouts prepared by others. Site Coordination, and timely delivery of design and workshop drawings
- Managing bidding process from floating of bids to awarding of contracts;
- Techno-commercial negotiations, preparation of tender/contract documents, cost estimates, including billing, variation proposals, etc.; interpreting contractual obligations and evaluation of technical problems.
- Liaising with Architects, Consultants, Contractors, Sub-Contractors & Suppliers for determining technical specifications, bill of quantities, seeking approvals, and obtaining statutory clearances.
Key Performance Indicator:
Key Result Area 1 – Implementation:
- Deployment within scope, time, and budget.
- regular reports.
Key Result Area 2 – Accuracy of Designs:
- No of design reviews.
- Fit for purpose designs.
Key Result Area 3 – External Relationships:
- Customer’s satisfaction.
- OEM relationship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or any related field
- 5 – 10 years’ cognate experience in service designs
- Cognate experience in managing projects in a project based environment.
Key Competence Requirements:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
- MS Project
- MS Access, MS Outlook, Visio
- AutoCAD’s application software
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Services
- Project Management.
- Negotiation Skill.
- Documentation Skill.
- Analytical Mind.
- Detail Orientation.
- Good Team Working Skills.
- Work effectively under pressure.
- Strong Presentation & Communication Skills.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.