Migration Health Nurses at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
With 151 member states, a further 12 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the ben…
Read more about this company
Migration Health Nurse
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja , Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
SVN No.: SVN2020.014
Locations: Abuja & Lagos
Organizational Unit: Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) Grade equivalent with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will work within the Migration Health Assessment Centre and together with other clinical staff perform tasks related to immigration medical examination.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist Migration Health Physicians in various duties related to Migration Health Assessments. This includes but not limited to: logistic preparation of medical examinations, procedures for quality control and quality assurance, handling of medical files, collection of bio-data and medical history, taking anthropometric measurements, identity check and ensuring confidentiality of medical information throughout the process.
- Assist to administer vaccines, conduct pre-departure treatment and prophylaxis as required, as well as pre-embarkation assessments for “fitness for travel” and complete relevant records and reports as needed.
- Interview female applicants with possible pregnancy
- Perform rapid tests for Pregnancy and register the results.
- Liaise with the laboratory staff and receive laboratory results, record and/ or attached the laboratory results in the appropriate medical forms and electronical medical platforms.
- Assist with registration, data entry and printing out of certificates and other medical documents as well as issuance of certificates.
- Collect statistical information in a requested format and submit to the supervisor.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring availability of medical supplies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Nursing from an accredited academic institution;
- Minimum of four years (two years for Bachelor’s Degree Holders) of continuous practice post-graduation, registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
- Good computer literacy;
- Flexible work schedule and be ready to be engaged on short notice.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian
- Fluency in English and multiple Native languages.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “SVN2020.012 Lagos & Abuja. Migration Health Nurse (MHAC), G4”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.