Molecular Laboratory Scientist (COVID-19 Experience) at a Lifestyle Hospital – Sigma Consulting Group
Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a lifestyle Hospital located in Victoria Island, Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Molecular Laboratory Scientist (COVID-19 Experience)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Process biological samples for testing, including tissue, blood, urine, spinal fluid, and gastric juices according to SOP; check for proper patient identification and for correct requisition.
- Perform laboratory procedures following SOPs, including nucleic acid extraction from pathogenic cultures, RT-PCR and qPCR analyses
- Answer inbound calls and respond to client requests according to SOP; provide verbal results, specimen requirements, and CPT codes; send results; triage technical questions to appropriate personnel.
- Summarizing results and reporting findings in electronic format to referring physicians and medical specialists, as well as collaborating on patient care.
- Place outbound calls to clients with STAT results and Critical Values.
- Place outbound calls to clients to obtain complete patient demographics and specimen information.
- Monitor reagents for expiration dates, preparation dates, inventory, and aliquot or prepare as needed.
- Provide technical advice and guidance for the development and/or update of national policies and strategies on the diagnosis of COVID-19 including sample collection, handling, and testing strategies
- Conduct training and supervise laboratory persons involved in COVID-19 testing
- Provide technical support for the strengthening of laboratory capacity and expanding access to molecular biology tests for COVID-19
- Adhering to best practices in medical laboratory sciences and keeping up with advancements in the field.
- BSc / MSc / Ph.D. degree with a focus on Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, Molecular Biology/Microbiology
- Minimum 3 years of professional laboratory experience in molecular techniques.
- MLSCN certified with a valid practicing license.
- Proven experience working with COVID-19 related cases or in a COVID-19 center or unit.
- Proficiency in electronic health record management systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Exceptional ability in summarizing and reporting test results.
- Extensive experience in collaborating with healthcare providers and specialists.
- Knowledge of best practices and advancements in the field of laboratory sciences.
N200,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the mail.