Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Minna, Niger
Job Schedule: Full time
- The Accelerated Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project aims to increase the utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children under five years in Nigeria.
- The World Bank-funded programme will be implemented across selected states through community-based nutrition services. In Niger State, there will also be an additional element of the provision of adolescent health services.
- The project will be implemented by Plan International Nigeria in the state in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, local CSO partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for developing effective Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation and ensuring effective implementation in Niger State where Plan International will be implementing the ANRiN programme.
- Develop project process results, M&E matrix and tools
- Support Project Director and the team to develop monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to facilitate quality reporting on log-frame and result framework performance indicators
- Develop an operational reporting template for the project that facilitates the collection and aggregation of information
- Make regular monitoring visits to project sites to oversee data collection and ensure that the right data is being collected
- Liaise with M&E staff at the national UK office, and have regular catch-ups on progress of project
- Ensure that all project establish and maintain community feedback mechanisms
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyses, and disseminate project data
- Coordinate evaluation/research/survey efforts, to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by supervisor/ senior management to support strong project management and knowledge management of the project.
- Summarize, analyse and interpret data
- Undertake quality monitoring and the development of project completion reports
- Strengthen capacity of the team and implementing partners to develop effective Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation and ensure effective implementation
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of monitoring data, lessons learned and success stories for internal and external sharing
- Ensure programme learning is fed into results-based management processes, with a specific focus on documenting technical innovations and programme adaptation
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics or Economics or Demography or Anthropology or Development Planning or Social Work or Epidemiology or related subjects of similar scope
- At least 5 years of progressive experience of monitoring and evaluation in public health/nutrition or any large social sector programs
- In-depth knowledge of M&E techniques and methodologies including knowledge of conducting operations research, household surveys and qualitative assessments; data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Proficient with analytical tools and software such as Stata, SPSS, MS Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of other Nigerian languages will be an asset.
- Confirmed experience in designing M&E and Learning frameworks for large scale nutrition programmes
- Significant experience working as M&E Manager on large scale, consortium-led, nutrition programmes in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria
- Experience in capacity building of implementing partners
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2021.