Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, Donor Integration
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor, Donor Integration
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with local travels as needed
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management and the Global Fund Contract in Nigeria.
Background: Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID. The Global Fund Supply Chain Management Contract leverages the USAID GHSC-PSM operational platform to provide reliable and resilient Supply Chain Management (SCM) services to the Principal Recipients of the Global Fund HIV and Malaria Grants in Nigeria. The scope of the SCM services provided under the Global Fund contract includes the warehousing and distribution of HIV, Malaria and COVID-19 commodities, Sample transportation and result return services under the National Integrated Sample Referral Network, Logistics Data Management Services to the Global Fund Malaria programme, Waste Management and Logistics service provision during mass ITN Campaigns in Global Fund supported states in the country. Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, national product supply chain and disease programmes/agencies, the PRs, and as needed USAID, to implement the warehousing and distribution through November 2021.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
· Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance, ensure data use within the project for evidence-based decision making and solve data problems if/when they arise.
· Compile and analyse data from each of the project’s technical areas and support the project’s technical team in presenting recommendations to the Global Fund PMU for improvements in implementation on a bimonthly basis and as may be required.
· Identify source documents for new indicators and provide guidance to the M&E team to design, test and implement data collection instruments for quantitative and qualitative indicators, the pattern of information flow and critical assumptions for meeting project deliverables.
· Support the plan and draft project baseline, midline, and final evaluation reports.
· Provide technical supports to Chemonics role on Malaria logistics data management, ensuring improvements in logistics data quality, completeness, and reliability.
· Oversee development and maintenance of Global Fund’s database(s) and ensure timely data entry.
· Develop, document, and enforce procedures for more effective and efficient Global Fund’s data management (cleaning, quality checks, analysis, and archiving), routine, and periodic project data.
· Lead the preparation of the bimonthly operational performance report to the Global Fund.
· Support the programme team in developing the bimonthly service levels performance reports to the Global Fund Principal Recipients and other country stakeholders.
· Represent the project’s M&E interests at meetings with stakeholders, including government partners, Global Fund, and other agencies.
· Support the dissemination and assist PSM staff to disseminate data on project progress and results.
· Perform any other task as required by the Director of Donor Integration and M&E Manager
Job Qualifications, skills, and competences
· Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in public health, development, statistics or related field and at least 5 years of work experience in public health programs. 4 of which should be focused on Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in public health or development programs.
· Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts of public health programs
· Experience in the design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze program data. And possess strong data interpretation, manipulation, and quality assurance skills. With good knowledge of database management, and retrieval methods.
· Ability to synthesize program data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to write technical supply chain performance reports with little or no supervision
· Knowledge of evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative / quantitative), design, data collection and analysis methodologies; experience with innovative and electronic, real-time monitoring methods
· Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Power BI, MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-Power Point)
· Experience with database development and management in MS Access and/or Python/R a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar)
· Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work seamlessly with colleagues across core technical and programme implementation lines (consultants, MOH, and international organizations).
· Ability to work independently and to manage various projects daily with minimal supervision.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
· Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria with local travels as needed.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should click to the link below to view the JD/scope of work and apply