Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Jesuit Refugee Services
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS was …
Read more about this company
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Supervisor: Head of programmes
Country of Assignment: Nigeria Regional Directorate: West Africa
Place of Assignment: Maiduguri
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project and report to the Head of Programme.
Develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project and also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Programme and liase with the Project Director on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Director for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Head of Programme.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Head of Programme.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Director in preparing relevant reports.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports.
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and government staff.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities.
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project.
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain data base.
Have a University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
Experience and Qualification
- Have at least a minimum of Five (5) years of professional experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by National/International NGOs/UN bodies/Government.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Experience in project design, management and implementation of field-based protection programs.
- Experience in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Have good computer skills and mastery of MS Office tools.
- Mastery of English (fluency in spoken and written languages).
- Have a knowledge of a local language preferably Hausa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.