Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Leprosy and TB Relief Initiative Nigeria (LTR)
Leprosy and TB Relief Initiative Nigeria (LTR) officially registered with Corporate Affairs Commission as an indigenous non-profit NGO in March 2018. Before then, the organization was a country office of the International Non-Governmental Organization called the Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR).
Since the last decades of 20th century, NLR has been supporting leprosy and TB control activities of the State Ministries of Health in 13 States in the North Central, North West and North East of Nigeria through the State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Offices and 10 leprosy referral hospitals. On a national level, NLR has been committed to the activities of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) and invested considerably in the establishment and development of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Training Centre in Zaria, financially as well as programmatically. This heritage and wealth of experience is still available after the transition from NLR into LTR.
LTR operates in close collaboration with the German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (GLRA), the Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) and the Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) within ILEP, the International Federation of Anti Leprosy Associations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development of M&E Plan for projects, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Manage research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, Public Health or related field.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities in public health projects.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Experience in digital/mobile data collection tools.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software such as MS Excel, Stata and SPSS for project implementation.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the LTR’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of LTR.
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Focuses on result for LTR.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support.
N200,000 – N300,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2022.