Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer at Ohonyeta Care Giver (OCAG)
Ohonyeta Caregivers (OCAG), Otukpo, Benue State. OCAG is an NGO established in in Otukpo Benue state in 1997; and works principally with women and children especially U5s especially. We adopt a multi-sectoral approach to sustainable poverty reduction, aiming to build the capacity of vulnerable and marginalised members of the community and encourage awareness of productive and reproductive roles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Location: Otukpo, Benue
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role will be responsible for developing and promoting effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities centred on outcomes learning; create conditions so that learning is fed into programme decision-making. Use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation and results.
- The role will develop and strengthen Monitoring and Evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation, encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings, communicate project successes and learning through traditional and innovative approaches to a wide range of audience.
- Degree, preferably in statistics or the social sciences.
- At least 3 years NGO experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation with good knowledge of public health management challenges in Nigeria, particularly in the areas of research, implementation, project management and community development programmes, as well as health policy.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation, research and Learning and project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools including participatory planning.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of institutional donors such as DFID, Global Fund, EU and USAID.
- Hands-on experience supporting community based development programmes. Experience of building the M&E skills and capacity of others
- Knowledge and experience using statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-info; STATA) and handheld digital data collection platform e.g KoBo collect.
- Ability to use data management and information systems such as DHIS and digital data platforms for real time data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies and health advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent organization at state and local levels
- Ability to incorporate gender analysis and inclusion and community health work.
- Familiarity with DFID/UKAid funding and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Ability to produce case studies and advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Local language knowledge is a plus.
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.