Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 1997 in Otukpo, Benue State of Nigeria to address the socio-economic and health concerns of the people of Benue and other poor communities in Nigeria.
Ohonyeta which means ‘Saviour’ in Idoma, is the brain child of Dr. Esther Oigoga. She is passionate about addressing the cha…
Read more about this company
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Benue
- Job Field Project Management
Ohonyeta Caregivers (OCAG), Otukpo, Benue State. OCAG is an NGO established in Otukpo Benue state in 1997; and works principally with women and children especially U5s. We adopt a multi-sectoral approach to sustainable poverty reduction, aiming to build the capacity of vulnerable and marginalised members of the community and encourage awareness of productive and reproductive roles.
The role will be responsible for developing and promoting effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities centred on outcomes and learning; create conditions so that learning is fed into programme decision-making. Use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation and results. The role will develop and strengthen Monitoring and Evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation, encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings, communicate project successes and learning through traditional and innovative approaches to a wide range of audience.
- Degree, preferably in statistics or the social sciences.
- At least 3 years NGO experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation with good knowledge of public health management challenges in Nigeria, particularly in the areas of research, implementation, project management and community development programmes, as well as health policy.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation, research and Learning and project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools including participatory planning.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of institutional donors such as DFID, Global Fund, EU and USAID.
- Hands-on experience supporting community based development programmes. Experience of building the M&E skills and capacity of others
- Knowledge and experience using statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-info; STATA) and handheld digital data collection platform e.g KoBo collect.
- Ability to use data management and information systems such as DHIS and digital data platforms for real time data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies and health advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent organization at state and local levels
- Ability to incorporate gender analysis and inclusion and community health work.
- Familiarity with DFID/UKAid funding and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Ability to produce case studies and advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Local language knowledge is a plus.
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love