Monitoring & Evaluation Associate at Helen Keller International (HKI)
Helen Keller International (HKI) – Founded in 1915, is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: State Team Lead
- The objective of the M&E Associate position is to provide overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the END fund funded project. Works closely with the State Team Lead (STL) in providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders.
- It entails close communication with all involved in M&E design and coordination: core project and partner M&E staff; representatives from primary stakeholder groups; and the STL, external consultants and field staff when appropriate, plus members of external M & E-related missions.
- Work on the project assessment framework (PAF), particularly in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned during workshops.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports.
- Review the quality of NTDs treatment data in the project area, the methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Review existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Collaborate with staff on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- In collaboration with the NTD project officer, provide the Head of NTDs with management information that she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion fora to fill any gaps
- Organize and undertake training with stakeholders, including primary stakeholders, in M&E skills, including participatory aspects.
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
- Prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for impact evaluation and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Make regular reports to the project team highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years hand-on monitoring & evaluation position experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Extensive experience with monitoring and evaluating NTD programs in Nigeria
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
19th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE Ms Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, test, interview meeting, processing, or training).
- Does not ask for information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- Does not recruit through any recruitment agency.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.