Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow at Ventures Platform
Ventures Platform – We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow
Duration: 6 Months Fellowship
- At the core of what we do at Ventures Platform Foundation is the impact we make through all our many programs and initiatives.
- To ensure we remain true to this and we are the best at what we do, we are looking to hire a Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow whose core responsibility will be to provide technical Supervisory in developing all VPF program frameworks, plans, and indicators to capture program performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all project activities.
Our choice candidate will work at achieving this by executing on the following:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project/program performance and results, including routine service delivery, data reporting, baseline and end-line assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations.
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern across all programs & activities that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Lead results reporting to donor/ partners by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure all programs achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure quality implementation, consistent with best practice evaluation guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management, and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with prospective donor clients and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Track and monitor satisfaction on deliveries to partners
- Recommend best utilisations of data collected.
The VP Fellowship
- Is the start of a journey towards building a successful career by acquiring the skills, attributes, and values such as positive impact, innovation, excellence, integrity and shared success.
- Is focused on forging a community of talents needed to drive innovative solutions around creating sustainable wealth in Africa.
- Is a community of Fellows bound by the same values and a shared commitment to creating an Africa that gives to the world by constantly holding each other accountable to its vision.The Fellowship program will run for a dedicated period of 6months during which participants will be actively involved in executing real-life projects at the Foundation, access career coaching in the form of mentorship and scorecard evaluations, and access learning opportunities. Participants will be expected to work full time through the duration of the internship and will be bound by the policies and procedures of the Foundation.
What will you learn?
- Program Design
- Program execution
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Grant writing
- Research report creation
- Client engagement
- Story Telling
- Technical Writing
- Big picture thinking
Participants would also learn relevant soft skills in entrepreneurship, listening to understand, collaboration, logical reasoning, and design thinking amongst others, as these are valuable critical skills sets, needed to succeed in our today’s world.
Who is the VP Fellowship for?
The fellowship is for young talented people:
- Who are everything African Development enthusiasts,
- Who are passionate and have a track record of creating positive impact
- Whose personal growth ambitions are aligned with the kind of work that we do at the Foundation.
- Who have a good understanding and experience of the entrepreneurship/ development space.
- Exhibit a high level of maturity
- Who have done projects at some point in their lives
- Great sense of loyalty and is willing to put in the work required through the duration of the Fellowship.
- Who reside in Abuja.
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring and evaluation of development activities
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks or similar tools for project design is required
- Experience developing and/or using performance management plans ore similar tools is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in monitoring & evaluating programs
- Experience managing grants is also highly desired.
- Understanding of the tech ecosystem is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple-step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high-level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs, and database management.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2021.