Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S / he will work closely with program and technical staff to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S / he will maintain office data base systems and ensure up-to-date, accurate information in them.
- S / he will assist the program staff in preparing sections of program reports that deal with monitoring and evaluation, and in the implementation of program assessments and evaluations.
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEO) will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- The MEO will conduct routine data quality validation / audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all supported sites and among the different stakeholders.
- S / he will collect, collate and report all data tracked by the program and work with the state teams as well as other stakeholders to develop dashboard for routine data.
- The MEO will build capacity in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use of health information at the state and health facility levels for program planning and management and will assist state teams to increase the dissemination of information appropriately packaged for various stakeholder.
- Responsible for data entry into project-specific DHIS2.
- Support state-level report writing, annual work plan development and project monitoring matrices.
- The MEO will work closely with the Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Contribute to development of project strategies, work plans and budget
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or other related field.
- At least 5 years’ post-NYSC working experience in the implementation and management of health Information systems.
- Familiarity with donor funded programs and Nigerian public sector health system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related applications.
- Ability to use data analysis and visualization software like DHIS2, SPSS, STATA, & PowerBI
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on HMIS tools.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the position title and location as the subject of the email. Eg. “Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Nasarawa”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- Qualified Indigenes of Nasarawa state are strongly encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.