Multimedia Editor at HumAngle Media Limited
HumAngle Media Limited, founded by two Nigerian journalists, Obiora Chukwumba, (PhD) and Ahmad Salkida in March 2020, is a media platform committed to passionate, insightful and objective coverage of insecurity across Africa.
Over the years, insecurity has become the chief driver of mass mortality, economic and state instability in the region, yet it attracts no dedicated coverage from the media. HumAngle is the African Daily Newspaper focused on insecurity and humanitarian values. The reporting from HumAngle is delivered for public and special access in digital print and visual broadcast editions, featuring breaking news, analysis and factual commentary across the Sahel and Lake Chad; the Gulf of Guinea; Niger Delta and the sub-Saharan territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Multimedia Editor
Employment Type: Full Time
- Directing and editing multimedia projects.
- Tracking and promoting content performance.
- Leading the development and improvement of audio-visual contents across digital platforms.
- Reviewing raw footage from the field and editing as required for publication.
- Directing and preparing video edits for the company’s platforms and coming up with innovative and creative ideas and contents.
- Scripting and editing for video and podcast contents for the company’s audience.
- Degree in Mass Media or any related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience in video production, script writing, digital and social media.
- High level of technical expertise, knowledge of editing software, i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, etc.
- Proven experience managing the development of multimedia, digital and audience-first content.
- Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and familiarity with trends.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Passion for creative storytelling with a background in digital content is desirable.
- Experience working for an online news platform is preferred.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2021.
Method of Application