National Individual Contractor (Social Protection Specialist) at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Individual Contractor Social Protection Specialist
Job Number: 532461
Work Type: Consultancy
How can you make a difference?
- The purpose is to support UNICEF Nigeria in its coordination and implementation efforts for the Joint SDG Program in coherence with the National Social Protection Policy (NSPP), serve as the UNICEF focal person to the Development Partners’ Group (DPG) on Social Protection and provide substantive technical support to the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Management.
Major Tasks to be accomplished
- Provide technical support to ensure coordinated and effective implementation of the Joint Program with the UN and its Government implementing partners.
- Support effective implementation of the UNICEF led components of the Joint SDG-fund Program.
- Support the effective contribution of UNICEF within the Social Protection Development Partners’ Group and provide technical support to the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning and the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development on the National Social Protection Policy revision process.
- General support on social protection interventions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Statistics, Demography, Social Science or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience working on social protection is considered as a strong asset.
- Previous experience in project cycle management, financial and administrative management is an asset.
- Experience in working with UN/UNICEF or other international organizations will be considered as an advantage.
The criteria for selection of the Individual contractor consultant are summarized in the following table:
Criteria for Evaluation of the Offer: Maximum Score:
- Education: 10
- Language/Communication/IT Skills, etc.: 5
- Work Experience inducing relevance and number of years: 10
- Interview: 25
- Total: 50
Total rate: UN applicable monthly rate paid strictly subject to satisfactory work on all tasks and deliverables.
- Completed profile in UNICEF’s e-Recruitment system or Personal History Form Download File P-11 UNICEF version.docx, where previous relevant experience is provided in detail
- Upload copy of academic credentials
- Financial proposal using the form in this Download File UNICEF Nigeria All-Inclusive Financial Proposal Form 09062020.docx
- Cover Letter
- Full contact details of current supervisor and most recent previous supervisors
- If former UNICEF staff or consultant, last two performance evaluations.
- Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed satisfactory deliverables.
- UNICEF reserves the right to terminate the contract without a prior notice and/or withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if the rules and the regulations regarding confidentiality, ethics and procedures of UNICEF and partners are not followed, if work/outputs are incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines.
- All relevant intellectual property rights in the developed materials/products/documents and associated tools will, upon their development, belong to UNICEF Nigeria and cannot be published, disseminated or used without prior written permission of UNICEF.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- The functional competencies required for this post are; Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Applying Technical Expertise, Entrepreneurial Thinking,
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.