National Stock Controller at Dlight Solar Energy Limited
Dlight is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold over 20 million solar light and power products in 70 countries, improving the lives of over 100 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Stock Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The National Stock Controller will be responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in the respective OPCO; with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Manager Stock Controller, Africa to ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to in order to safeguard company inventory, minimize the risks associated with inventory loss and optimize stocks in trade.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain accurate procedures for all inventory control processes and functions,
- Accountable for the implementation of audit recommendations on inventory management processes and systems,
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all relevant stakeholders in the respective OPCO,
- Ensure all stock movements are tracked daily end to end via requisite systems (Inventory Module, Navision) and variances therewith reconciled and reported.
- Conduct regular review of the Regional Distributor (RD). Experience Center (EC) and Solar Energy Promotor (SEP) master data to check for errors, duplicates and red flags of control violation,
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the inventory management system,
- Work with the Senior Manager Stock Controller, Africa to manage controls to reduce inventory loss, implement measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved,
- Conduct inventory stock takes and inventory accuracy checks in the respective OPCO.
- Conduct stock reconciliations of physical counts and highlight variances to the relevant stakeholders,
- Participate in scheduled and annual stock counts, preparation of stock position reports and sign-off records submission for further actions,
- Management of the stakeholders’ relationship in the respective OPCO and ensuring partnerships are struck to support internal controls in safeguarding company inventory.
- Analyze inventory data to ensure uninterrupted availability of stock and optimize stocks in trade.
- Produce weekly reports to ensure critical areas of the inventory management system (covering both sales and spares) are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved,
- Work with the Senior Manager Stock Controller, Africa and relevant stakeholders to prepare forecast and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS) in the respective OPCO.
- Assist in implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Work with Senior Manager Stock Controller, Africa in carrying out assessments of the supply chain to identify risks. develop and implement solutions useful in minimizing losses,
Key Performance Indicators
- Manage, monitor, reconcile and account for stocks in the given OPCO.
- Inventory Management:
- Inventory turnover,
- Inventory days,
- Stock loss ratio.
- Report on all stock movements and stock positions daily, weekly and monthly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or a related field is required,
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively in both technical speak and commercial/business language (multiple languages will be added advantage), with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Business-driven, people-focused with exceptional influencing skills,
- Sound commercial and financial modelling capability.
- Understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management,
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements,
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF or Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2021.