NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk at The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance.
NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk
Locations: FCT – Abuja, Osun, Lagos, Oyo, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kano, Ebonyi, Borno, Plateau and Rivers
Start Date: April 20, 2020
End Date: October 19, 2020
Employment type: Full time
The Responsibilities of the NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk Include:
- Transfer all COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases data (clinical and laboratory data) into the SORMAS platform
- Daily follow up with result of all COVID 19, Lassa fever and other priority diseases case data sent for testing
- Liaise with the lab managers to ensure prompt release of result and update on SORMAS
- Real time update of SORMAS with result of COVID 19, Lassa Fever and other priority diseases samples after testing
- Send daily notification on status of sample testing
- Follow up with treatment Centre clinicians to ensure completion of COVID 19 and LF case management form
- Compile and upload Case management forms into SORMAS
- Verify all the treatment centre COVID 19 and Lassa fever data on the SORMAS platform by comparing it to source documents (i.e. Lassa fever case management form, COVID 19 case management form and IDSR 001B)
- Retrieve data from the SORMAS platform as requested
- Sort and organize paper forms (Lassa fever case management form, COVID 19 case management form and IDSR 001B) after entering data into the SORMAS platform to ensure it is not lost
- Send details of any record in the lab without case data in SORMAS platform to the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer to follow up with the LGA DSNO.
- Send weekly report of COVID 19 and Lassa fever cases in the treatment centre to the COVID-19/Lassa fever TWG
- Perform other tasks assigned.
- First Degree in any discipline
- At least 2 years experience with the use of excel or ODK for data collection.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Good understanding of patient data confidentiality principles
- Ability to pay attention and have a keen eye for detail
- Good data collection and report writing skills required
- Good verbal communication skills especially in the local language of the community and working knowledge of English
- A team player with good interpersonal skillsThe Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly develo…+}
NCDC Surveillance Data Clerk
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the preferred state as the subject of the mail e.g. “Surveillance Data Clerk – Oyo State”.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted and may be assigned to any state of the federation.