Network and Admin Manager at Baobab Microfinance Bank
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network and Admin Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Reports to the IT Manager
- Maintain and manage the computer system
- Extend the existing network to remote branches
- Manage access to the various components of the system
- Update institutional records relating to the computer network and system
- Guarantee the safety of hardware and data
- Enforce procedures on saving and restoring data
- Develop Identity Management Process and ensures accurate implementation of User Account management within 48 hours (e.g. Gsuite, Global Connect, Sage, Centreon e.t.c.) with records kept properly.
- Develop Administrator/User guides for all Applications/Hardware configuration (both User and backend Infra) for the existing solution and within one month for the newly deployed solution with validation of the IT Manager.
- Implement a functional Network Operating Center in each region and Use Centreon, WatchGuard, Optitune and Team viewer to manage business apps, network and security alerts with high priority before users start to complain.
- Maintain and manage Servers e.g. SAGE and keep records of all Software Licenses (installed version, dates of installation, dates of changes made).
- Extend and or strengthen the computer network
- Setup and follow a development plan (analyse needs in terms of hardware and connexions optimize purchases
- Determine and set up policies to securitize data on the network
- Organize the restoration of data in case of breakdown, to guarantee the continuity of activity
- Ensure all monitoring tools are populated with the correct configuration items/information (such as IP Addresses of branch network devices, Cameras, Business Applications) and give accurate report.
- In collaboration with the Network Security Officer, ensure the Firewalls are properly configured and functional.
- In collaboration with the Network Security Officer perform network design and implementation in accordance with Standard for both existing & new offices. Maintain records of all network topology for all IT solutions/network company-wide.
- Submits credit / loan information of the customers to the bureaus regularly as regulated by CBN with accurate data.
- Ensures hardware is appropriately configured, used, managed and train users on their tools
- Provide end User support for IT Infrastructure/Services and resolve anomalies within 48 hours with walk around for business continuity. No ticket should remain unattended to within 4 business hours.
- Update inventories relating to the computer network and system and ensure integrity, confidential and availability of Company resources.
- Keep all Windows devices updated, managed and reported. (No windows updates older than 10 days, No antivirus updates older than 3 days, 100% of PCs under management and valid licenses). Ensure mobile devices are reported on MDM.
- Ensure all systems (e.g. Inverter, PCs, Network, CCTV Cameras e.t.c) across the branches are functional and properly maintained. Records of the devices must be kept and changes updated periodically.
- Perform routine checks on all network devices and report anomalies within 24hours to management while following up on resolution.
- Keep all passwords in a database.
- Deliver on the assigned project timely within scope and budgeted cost.
- Analyze needs in terms of hardware and connections, as well as purchase optimization. Order hardware in accordance with the procedures
- Hardware Management
- Configure, install and update all components
- Carry out and follow up on inventories of hardware
- Keep all passwords in a database
- Manage supplies of consumables
- Order hardware in accordance with the procedures.
In Collaboration with the Information System Manager
- Update, follow up on network resources/ systems and guarantee their availability
- Ensure the data generated is saved on a daily/monthly basis.
- Develop and enforce the company’s contingency policy
- In case of absence of the ISM, carry out daily procedures relating to data transfer, shutting the system and saving data.
- Other tasks set by the IT Manager
- Submit Users Accounts created, suspended or deleted for all services within the month to IT Manager and other stakeholders before 5th day of the new month.
- Send a maintenance report to the Business and IT management latest 48 hours after the exercise is performed.
Education / Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Electronics or equivalent
- Good knowledge of SAGE Application and Core Banking System e.g. T24
- At least 4 years experience in system and network administration, maintenance or equivalent
- Microsoft MCSE certificate (desired)
- UEWA / CWNA knowledge or certificate
- Good knowledge of Windows OS, Sage, databases and networks (LAN, WAN) and Reporting
- Ability to work in a team with short time limits
- Ability to get to grips with a new system
- Having proven to be undertaking and proactive
- Knowledge of Microfinance Operation
- Staff and User Management skills.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume to: [email protected] and cc [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.