Job title: Network and Infrastructure Officer Job at eTranzact Nigeria
Company: eTranzact Nigeria
Job description: eTranzact is a winning multi-application and multi-channel electronic transaction switching and payment processing platform.eTranzacthas operations in Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Cote d’Ivoire, and UK and is currently expanding operations to more and more countries in the world. Our current strategy is to achieve significant growth and become a Global leader through rapid expansion in the areas of mobile payments and banking applications worldwide
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Network and Infrastructure Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Establish service level agreements with end users
- Provides “ownership” of problem through final resolution
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment and hardware upgrades
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software
- Manage on-site and off-site data centers
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Test server performance and provide server performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in Active Directory
- Monitor and ensure service uptime in alignment with set target.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or similar.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
Job date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 04:30:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!