Network Engineer at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the nation’s most- loved beverages in the country like; Pepsi, 7Up, Mirinda, Teem, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC has recently entered into Home & Personal Care category with the 2SURE brand and launched its first product, a Hand & Surface Sanitizer. Seven Up boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Network Engineer’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links.
- The Network Manager will also schedule and direct the activities of a team of network specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations, administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
Education and Professional Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in a related field
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc, troubleshooting hardware
- Certifications in MTCRE, MTCSE, MTCIPV6E, FORTIGTE NSE4, UEWA, UBRSS, MCSE. RHCSA
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2022.