New City Launcher at Gokada
Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) ride-hailing. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and the city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on-demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: New City Launcher
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- As a city launcher, you are the first “boots-on-the-ground” representative for new Gokada markets.
- In each new city, you will run through an operational playbook, including recruiting a team, recruiting riders, working with city regulators, and testing and iterating on various operational models.
- This role requires great project management skills and a determination to “hustle” and get things done.
- Build a launch plan and budget for each market you’re launching to operationalize a fleet of riders in a matter of weeks
- Recruit and build out a foundation for a strong local operational team
- Grow initial ridership through launch marketing campaigns in close coordination with HQ
- Be the initial operations point-of-contact for city regulators, local businesses, and riders.
- Continually innovate on launch playbooks to help scale our other cities
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Eng, and BD teams to streamline processes.
- 2 – 4 years of operations management, consulting, banking or tech background
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Project management experience with an obsession over details
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and work with local governments and businesses
- An entrepreneurial spirit – no problems with getting your hands dirty
- Flexibility to travel 70-80% of the year.
Application Closing Date