A new Economic Development Advocacy Project aimed at catalysing government at national and sub-national levels to improve policies and increase investment in women’s economic empowerment programs is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Researcher and Policy Analyst (Economic Development)
Key responsibilities include:
- Primary and secondary research on women’s economic empowerment; data gathering analysis and report writing; tracking women’s economic empowerment indicators of policy change; supporting virtual meetings, workshops and conferences;
- Developing and administering women’s CSO program performance indicators; reviewing workplans and tracking program implementation; monitoring; results-based project management; monitoring evolving policy and legislative reform on WEE; and coordinating and supporting health WEE-focused CSO activities.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in Development Economics; Development Studies; Political Sciences; Gender Studies or a related discipline.
- The ideal candidate must also have a deep interest in research and data analysis; excellent report writing skills; strong ability to work in integrated teams; have the professionalism to engage with government and non-governmental high-level stakeholder; training or experience in gender-focused development programs;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and internet applications;
- Be detailed oriented; positive and problem solving attitude; deep interest in developing and strengthening project tracking tools; and just be a hard working professional.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Application to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 4th March, 2021.
- While these are not entry level position, multiple years of working experience is not a requirement; we are looking for are smart, professional and keen young people interested entering into the development field who may not necessarily have had years of working experience.
- If you do not have these qualities, please do not trouble yourself to apply. Applications close on 4th March 2021 but the process of review and shortlisting will commence immediately.