Nigeria Compliance Manager Job at Chipper Cash
Job title: Nigeria Compliance Manager Job at Chipper Cash
Company: Chipper Cash
Job description: Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Nigeria Compliance Manager
Job Location: Nigeria (Remote)
What You Will Be Doing
- This position supports the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function, which develops and provides oversight of AML/CFT, Sanctions, Risk management, licensing and strategic compliance matters for the business.
- You would need to steep in AML compliance, able to operate in a fast moving, fast growing start-up with a strong culture of compliance
. * Manage partner bank and strategic partner relationships
- Supporting licensing efforts in coordination with the Licensing team and other resources
- As the Second Line of Defence, you will be supporting the Local MLRO in overseeing and reporting all anti-money laundering and prevention of financing of terrorism escalations, High risk reviews and related local processes and escalations for the business’s products and liaising with appropriate regulatory authorities
- Assist in driving all local compliance matters including the following:
- Review applicable legislation and regulatory requirements and advise leadership on existing requirement and any changes thereto to ensure that the business consistently complies with these compliance requirements
- Monitor appropriate internal policies, processes, and controls for the business in respect of key legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations
- Conduct appropriate risk assessment frameworks to be used as a guide in identifying, eliminating, and mitigating risks facing the business’s operations
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues while also providing general guidance on avoiding or resolving similar future concerns
- Provide regular reports to keep the business informed of the operation and progress of compliance activities.
- Conduct where needed staff trainings; both at an introductory and continuous basis to all employees, to ensure a cogent understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures in respect of the business
- Be a key point of contact locally for regulatory reporting and engagement.
We have four company core values, and they drive the way we work across teams and across the globe. These are:
- Lead with Empathy: We are all human. Empathy shines through in how we treat each other and our customers. When something doesn’t go as planned, we look for opportunities to learn and grow together.
- Be an Owner: This is your company too. We take initiative to make things better. We take action when something looks out of place.
- Communicate to Develop Trust: Effective, transparent communication is the foundation for building trust. We communicate early and communicate often. We share mistakes and lessons to make us more unified and stronger.
- Be Bold: We are bold because we push the limits of what we think is possible and we show up every day to chip away, in any way possible, at these impossibly hard problems.
What You Should Have
- At least a minimum of 3+ years of experience in financial services related role
- Be passionate about what you do and being in the Fintech or Payment space
- Able to demonstrate experience to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities for yourself and the team
- You have demonstrated subject matter expertise.
3’s Chipper Team Members
- At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Chipper Cash and the country where you work.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits.
- US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, unlimited PTO that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits such as our new Chipper Care Policy, generous parental leave, and a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
Location: Enugu, Enugu State – Abuja, FCT
Job date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 05:39:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!