Nigeria: DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR – Support – NIGERIA
As a member of the Senior Management Team of the mission, you will provide leadership and management of all the support services functions and systems within the mission (Log., Fin., HR, and Audit) to ensure quality support to program implementation in line with the strategy, policies, good practices and donor guidelines.
You will be responsible to coordinate risk management processes, follow up on implementation of recommendations made to support department and manage the country program based internal control
Coordinate support department work plans, projects implementation plan, strategies and plans of action (development and implementation)
- Support the development and implementation of the support aspects of the Country strategy plan of action on annual basis
- Support the development and implementation of the Support departmental strategies (Finance, Logistics, HR and Internal Control/Audit) and plan of action on annual basis
- Ensure coordination between support department and program implementation teams for the development of planning and management tools (mission funding plan, HR forecasting, supply plan, equipment forecasts, etc.)
Overall Management of support functions
- Line manage Finance, HR, Logistics and Internal Control Head of Departments (HoD).
- Assign objectives, perform regular meetings for feedback and required appraisals with the HoD to ensure sounds management of individuals and coherence of objectives/vision among the team.
- Ensure that Financial, Logistics and HR guidelines are adhered to at all times and compliant with donor’s policies, guidelines, and government regulations. Lead the renewal of exemptions (VAT…) and other certifications obtainable.
- Coordinate with finance and Logistics HoD to ensure synergy between cash flow and procurement planning to meet operational need.
Risk Management, Compliance & internal control/audit
- Monitor and continue developing the Internal Control Framework and internal control department (ICD).
- Produce reports with recommendations on areas that need improvement on financial transactions, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance and reduce the risk of fraud, abuse, and waste.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic compliance reviews to ensure work is carried out ethically and in compliance with national and international laws and regulations, professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for leading audit preparation and assist/respond during internal and external audits.
You have at least 5 years of experience as a member of a management team in the humanitarian sector with a strong background in finance, HR and logistics. You must have an expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally.
You have experience working in a multi-cultural environment with comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Nigeria. You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity. You are an excellent communicator and have specifics negotiation skills.
You have a good understanding of risk management, a strong analytical and practical problem-solving skill, and a strong supervisory ability.
To be fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
Specific conditions / Salary
Length of contract: 12 months (fixed term contract under French legislation)
Starting date: 2020-03-15
Remuneration and benefits:
- Monthly gross salary from 2735 to 3185€ upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- +150€ as country allowance
- +16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- 2/3 days training on finance tools before departure
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.