Nigeria In-Country Representative at Northumbria University
Northumbria University is a large, modern UK university with campuses in Newcastle, London and Amsterdam, offering an outstanding student experience. The University has a first-class record for teaching and research excellence and employability and it is a popular choice with international students.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nigeria In-Country Representative
Location: Intake, Lagos Office
Department: International Recruitment
Contract: One year fixed-term, with extension option
Responsible to: International Officer and Intake Country Management
Expected Start Date: Before 1st June, 2022
- An opportunity has arisen to apply for the full-time position of the Nigeria In-Country Representative for Northumbria University.
- This is a challenging and rewarding position and an exciting career opportunity for the right candidate, with responsibility for student recruitment, conversion and visa counselling.
- The University works in partnership with Intake across a number of markets worldwide including Nigeria and Ghana.
- You will be employed by Intake but working exclusively for and reporting to the University.
- Your will be based in Intake’s Victoria Island office when you are not working from home or travelling.
- Act as the University’s main contact point for prospective students in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Promote the University in a professional and positive manner to prospective students, parents, school counsellors, agents and other important stakeholders, providing professional and accurate advice and guidance and a high level of customer service.
- Plan, organise and carry out a programme of in-person and virtual recruitment activities across Nigeria and Ghana, including student interview sessions, pre-departure briefings, counselling at agents’ offices, recruitment fairs and school visits.
- Travel extensively across Nigeria to participate in these activities.
- Manage recruitment activities in the markets and generate leads, applications and conversions to meet University targets.
- Maintain detailed records of recruitment and conversion activity
- Monitor and track leads, applications, deposits and conversions and provide a weekly update on these.
- Liaise closely with the University’s Applicant Services Team and deal with queries.
- Monitor trends in the market and provide monthly updates.
- Advise students on the Student Visa application process, check financial documents and conduct credibility checks to ensure no student receives a visa refusal.
- Input to the development of recruitment, marketing and conversion strategies.
- Develop costed recruitment plans, monitor the impact and cost-effectiveness of recruitment activity and make recommendations for future activity.
- Develop relationships with key schools to increase undergraduate recruitment.
- Maintain detailed records of recruitment and conversion activity, and records of expenditure.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures, including GDPR
- Keep up-to-date with the University’s offer so as to be able to provide accurate information and promote the University to best advantage
- Support, train, manage, and develop productive relationships with university agents across Nigeria and Ghana
- Build effective relationships with Intake counsellors across all of their offices.
- Provide line management and guidance for administrative support staff.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent qualification)
- Substantial experience of working in an international student recruitment and /or student counselling role
- Understanding of issues affecting international students
- Understanding of student life, culture and higher education in the UK
- Proven sales and recruitment ability
- Experience of working with student recruitment agents
- Strong knowledge of the Nigerian market for UK higher education and recruitment strategies
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences both in writing and orally, including strong presentation skills
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Experience of developing and managing effective networks and external relationships
- Experience of working under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understanding of UK student visa policy and procedures
- Good data and IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work well within a team and to quickly develop positive working relationships with multiple teams
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends / unsocial hours where required and willingness to undertake regular travel in Nigeria and Ghana and on occasion to other countries
- Commitment to all the policies of the University including data protection policies.
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2022.
One – two weeks after the closing date.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV along with cover letter as one PDF document (not separately) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.