Nigeria: Infant and Young Child Feeding- IYCF Officer
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 30 Apr 2014
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. This role is critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
****IYCF Officer – Katsina****
To support the implementation of IYCF activities by providing training and guidance to SC staff and government counterparts
- Health background (doctor, nurse, midwife, etc). At least 3 years experience on IYCF and breastfeeding counselling.
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes.
- Computer literate.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa.
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
How to apply:
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before ****30th April 2014****explaining why you are suitable to [email protected]. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.