Nigeria: Program Officer (Movement Cooperation Officer 2)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation (HoSD) and Technical supervision of the Cooperation Coordinator, the Cooperation Program officer is responsible of the implementation of ICRC cooperation programmes with the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) in Yobe State, with a particular focus on institutional support and strengthening of capacities in different areas.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Oversees the implementation of the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NRCS in Yobe State by working closely with colleagues and the NRCS to develop joint procedures and plans of action aligned with agreed upon budgets.
- Ensures that operational and financial reporting is up to expected standards.
- Analyses and summarises information relevant to the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NRCS; identifies gaps in capacity and proposes solutions in line with the operational approach and the delegation strategy on Movement cooperation.
- Advises the Head of sub-delegation on issues related to the partnership with the NRCS ensuring a harmonised approach by all departments engaging with the Branch.
- Develops partnership skills of ICRC colleages and ensures the head of sub-delegation and operational staff are aware of the NRCS’s and other Movement partners’ activities in Yobe State so as to integrate them into the sub-delegation plans and operational strategies.
- Builds a positive relationship with the NRCS, establishing a sound network of contacts at Branch and Division level and maintaining an open line of communication on operations and capacity building needs.
- Organises and conducts relevant capacity strengthening workshops and trainings
- Conducts independent or joint ICRC-NRCS monitoring missions to assess capacities at Division level.
- Ensure coordination with the Cooperation team in Abuja on all issues pertaining to the partnership with the NRCS
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in Project Management, Business Administration or equivalent field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English and Hausa, Kanuri is an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- Awareness of the socio-political environment
- Leadership and accountability
- Team work and collaboration
- Partnership management
- Strategic thinking
- Advisory and negotiation skills
· Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to [email protected]**
· Clearly indicate “ABJ201900071 Program Officer (Movement Cooperation Officer 2) DAT” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
· In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
· Current location
· Languages you speak
· Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 28.02.2020, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.