Numeracy & Hausa Content Associate at Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) has been proven to work best for children who have not mastered the basics of reading and mathematics. Pratham’s experience has shown that TaRL can be particularly impactful for children in Grades 3 to 5. By this stage, the focus of the curriculum has shifted away from basic skills, which means creating time and space…
Read more about this company
Numeracy & Hausa Content Associate
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Kebbi
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
- Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa seeks a Numeracy and Hausa Content Associate to support the design and continual improvement of the numeracy and Hausa reading components of TaRL interventions in Nigeria
- The role will be focused initially on supporting content development and capacity building exercises for TaRL activities in Kebbi state.
- The Numeracy and Hausa Content Associate will work as part of a small team who will work for hand in hand with the Kebbi state government to improve learning outcomes in Nigeria.
- The role requires someone passionate about education, dedicated, flexible, solutions-oriented and caring.
- The position will be based in Kebbi within frequent travel within the state.
Become an expert in TaRL instruction and support:
- Work with TaRL Africa team to develop a deep understanding of the TaRL approach and learn techniques for providing instructional support
- Practice the TaRL methodology in the classroom to build the practical skill-set
Support the development of instructional content for numeracy:
- Refine and continually improve teaching and learning resources and techniques through spending time in the classroom testing new materials and classroom techniques which respond to challenges identified through data and experience, as well as working with teachers and government officials to reflect on the content and remould as required
- Track and document innovative teaching practices across the project
- Support the alignment of the numeracy component with literacy components to meet the programme objectives/outcomes and work plan
Build the capacity of instructors and mentors:
- Work with appropriate government officials and TaRL Content Team colleagues to design, organise and support/lead training/workshops.
- Support teachers and mentors to deliver effective numeracy instruction, including support with lesson planning and producing tailored teaching and learning resources
- Provide quality assurance of training and mentoring of teachers and student teachers by Master Trainers and Teacher Trainer/Mentors.
In addition, the Numeracy Content Associate will be expected to:
- Support the TaRL State Manager in preparing technical and programme reports for the programme advisory board.
- Support the management of key relationships with stakeholders in state and national education systems, particularly the Kano State Ministry of Education, Kano State Universal Basic Education Board, Local Government Education Authorities.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Central and Nigerian TaRL teams and collaboratively with programme team members.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Teaching or a related field; A PGDE and/or Master’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of (4) four years experience working within the education space.
- Working knowledge of local curriculum, textbook analysis, instructional practices and assessment tools preferred
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria
- Strong preference for Kebbi State resident
- Language skills: Hausa.
Method of Application
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a writing assessment, followed by an interview process
- Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.
- TaRL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Interested and qualified? Go to Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) on www.teachingattherightlevel.org to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love